Lead Lined Wood Doors
- 10 standard lead thicknesses
- Wide selection of natural wood veneers available
- Wide selection of laminate colors and styles to choose from
- Available with x-ray safety glass vision frames
- Typically available within 2 weeks
Lead Lined Solid Core Wood Doors are manufactured to national wood work standards, constructed with the highest quality core, edging and face veneers available. Standard "in-stock" veneers are: Rotary Cut Natural Birch, Plain Sliced Red Oak, Hardboard, Rotary Cut Mahogany, Legacy Walnut, Legacy Oak, and Mendocino Oak.
|Birch||Red Oak||White Oak||Maple|
|Mohagany||Rift Cut Oak||Cherry||White Ash||Walnut|
Textured composite hardboard veneers
|Legacy Walnut||Legacy Oak||Medocino Oak|
Available laminates include Wilsonart, Formica, and Nevamar.
|Castle Oak||Fusion Maple||Baltimore Cherry||Grey Nebula|
|Coral||Designer White||Fashion Grey||Sand|
Per the requirements of NCRP Reports #49 and #147 and other radiation, health, and safety codes and general “good practices":
- All lead lined doors, vision lites, x-ray glass, lead lined frames and lead backed drywall must provide a lead shielding equivalent of equal or greater value as specified by the project physicist of record or other "qualified experts" radiation shielding calculations report recommendations and requirements. Customer must verify required lead thickness values and equivalents prior to ordering.
- Doors must be internally shielded with lead covering full height and width of door
- Radiation safety and general medical construction guidelines require as a "good practices" rule that the gap between the bottom of an x-ray door and the finished floor should always be kept as small as possible.
- Lead thresholds and/or lead lined door sweeps are required at the bottom of door openings when a gap of 2.5cm (1 inch) or more exists between the bottom of the door and the floor.
- Door lockset hardware should be lead lined if lead value requirement is more than 1/16" thick, or if specified.
- Any lead glass occurring in a shielded door must be x-ray safety glass and permanently labeled for meeting the impact resistance requirements of ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR 1201 Category 2. (Note: X-ray safety glass is not a "tempered "product, and is readily available from Ray-Bar ).
- Door must have interlock switch so that x-ray machine cannot be activated when door is open or ajar.
- An "X-Ray On" red and white lighted sign over door opening on entrance side is recommended to reduce the possibility of personnel opening the door during an x-ray procedure. The light should be tied to the machine so it turns on during x-ray machine activation.
- Lead backed drywall must properly overlap into door frame a minimum of 1/2" to prevent radiation leakage and additionally meet fire-rating requirements. Any fire-rated lead lined partition must utilize UL classified and labeled lead backed gypsum drywall such as Ray-Bar "RB-LBG".
Most natural veneers are "good in stock". Please note these are general examples as graining, texture and coloring will naturally vary. Staining, coating, sealing, finishing or painting is not included.
|Lead Lined Vision Frames||Shielded Light Proof Louver|
Lead lined wood doors are not fire-rated.
For listing of in-stock lead thicknesses see Ray-Bar Sheet Lead Stock Thickness Chart
For specifications see Ray-Bar Lead Lined Solid Core Wood Door Specifications.
For additional information click here.
Ray-Bar lead lined wood and metal doors are available in all standard lead shielding thicknesses. The abuse resistant laminate faces protect the door in high volume medical settings. This laminate provides a longer service life by reducing replacement and repairs. Kydex and Acrovyn face laminations are available in many colors, patterns and designs. Please contact us to review your specific project and design needs.
|Solid Color Acrovyn||Wood Grain Acrovyn|