Insulated Glass Units
Ray-Bar FireLite insulated glass units (IGU's) are available in a variety of fire ratings from 45 minute, 60 minute, 90 minute and up to 3 hours (180 minute) in doors (limited to 100 sq. in.) or 90 minutes in walls (up to 2,627 sq. in.) or up to 90 minutes in non-temp rise doors (up to 2,034 sq. in). These are also available in 60, 45, and 20 minute ratings with higher size capabilities. All of Ray-Bar fire rated "FireLite" and "WireLite-NT" insulated glass units have passed the required hose stream test and positive pressure tests and are UL classified and are currently listed under Ray-Bar's UL file R38927.
Contact Us for more information regarding our fire rated insulated glass unit, options or call us at 800-444-XRAY and we can gladly assist you with any design or questions that you may have.
FireLite-IGU Clear Ceramic Fire Rated Insulated Glass UnitsOur FireLite IGU's are composed of FireLite Fire-Rated clear transparent ceramic "wireless" UL Classified fire-rated 3/16" (5mm) thick glazing material ceramic-glass products. They are rated for non-temperature rise fire rated Doors with 20, 45 and 60 minute fire ratings with required Hose Stream Test and Positive Pressure Tests, or for Temperature Rise fire doors with 90 minute and 180 minute ratings.
Fire rated Insulated Glass for 60- & 90-Minute Rated Walls or PartitionsRay-Bar Fire Rated FireLite IGU's are approved for use in 60 Minute Fire Rated Walls or Partitions with up to 3,325 square inches of maximum exposed viewing area with a 95" maximum width or 95" maximum height dimension. Ray-Bar fire rated IGU's are also approved in 90 Minute Rated Walls up to 2,627 square inches of maximum exposed viewing area with a 56-1/2" maximum width or 56-1/2" maximum height dimension occurring in fire rated walls or partitions.
FireLite Insulated Glass Units for Non-Temperature Rise Fire Rated DoorsRay-Bar Engineering’s Fire Rated Insulated Glass Units utilizing Impact Resistant 3/16" FireLite-NT (Clear Safety Filmed) or 5/16" FireLite+Plus (Safety Laminated) are approved for use in non-temperature rise fire rated Doors with 20, 45 and 60 minute fire ratings with required Hose Stream Test and Positive Pressure Tests (UL 10C) up to 3,204 square inches of maximum exposed viewing area with a 36" maximum width or 89" maximum height dimension. Our fire rated IGU can also be used in non-temperature rise fire doors with 90 minute rating up to 2,034 square inches of maximum exposed viewing area with a 36" maximum width and 56-1/2" maximum height dimension occurring in 90 minute rated doors.
FireLite Insulated Glass Units for Temperature Rise Fire Rated DoorsRay Bar’s fire rated insulated glass can be utilized in Temperature Rise fire doors with 90 minute and up to 180 minute UL fire ratings with a clear view up to 100 square inches of maximum exposed viewing daylight area with a 12" maximum width and 33" maximum height clear view "daylight" exposed dimension occurring in Temperature Rise rated fire doors.
Fire Rated Insulated Glass OptionsFireLite IGUs are typically 1" and increase depending on the opposing glass composition. These are available in impact resistant safety glass meeting ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16CFR1201 Cat I and II. FireLite insulated glass units are available with the following glass options:
- Obscured (Privacy)
- Clear Tempered
- Sound Transmission Classified (STC) rated
- Colored Art Glass
- One-Way Mirrored
- Low-E Insulated
- X-Ray Lead Glass or X-Ray Safety Glass
Fire Rated IGU FeaturesRay Bar Engineering’s fire rated insulated glass units maintain the following beneficial features:
- Fire-Rated up to 90 minutes or 180 minutes with required Hose Stream Test
- Passes the Positive Pressure Test standards of UL 10C,UBC 7-2 and UBC 7-4
- Impact Resistant Safety Rated meeting ANSI.Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR 1201 (Cat.I and II)
- Withstands sudden Thermal Shock
- STC Ratings available of 35 dB and up to 38 dB for sound reduction and acoustics.
- Provides a clear view and is completely wireless view.
- Larger pane sizes available (See 3/16" thick FireLite-NT approved Listing sizes and limits)
- Available in 2 optical surface grades: 3/16" thick FireLite Standard and FireLite Premium
- Available as laminated as Impact Resistant 5/16" thick FireLite+Plus
- Can be lightly frosted sandblasted/etched with graphics or logos on 1 side
- Also available in impact resistant insulated glass units for use in doors or hazardous glazing locations FireLite-NT-IGU or FireLite+Plus-IGU meeting IBC 2406 safety glazing requirements.
(Contact Ray-Bar for performance options, specifications, ratings and details)
Fire Rated X-Ray Lead Glass IGUs
Fire rated x-ray lead glass insulated glass units are available with fire ratings up to 180 minutes in doors (with size limits) and 90 minutes in walls, able to meet any lead equivalency that your project requires. The minimum thickness is 1" and will increase depending on lead shielding value requirements. These units are available in approximately 3 weeks. We also offer lead lined fire rated frames to accept the units for wall or door applications.
You can request a quote by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at (800) 444-9729
Ballistic + Fire Rated IGUs
We now offer several products for applications that require bullet resistance and a fire rating. Pyrostop is a good option up to 2 hour fire rating and UL 752 Level 3 bullet resistance.
Alternatively, we have other options for higher bullet resistance and
For more info on bullet resistant levels, product data, or to request a quote please email email@example.com or by call us at (800) 444-9729
Pyrostop is a versatile and durable glazing product that can achieve high fire ratings, safety rating, and UL 752 level 3 bullet resistance. It is a multi laminated product using low-iron, colorless, high light transmission glass. Pyrostop is available in many different thicknesses and fire ratings up to 2 hour with hose stream test. It protects against fire, smoke, radiant and conductive heat transfer and is UL listed, classified, and permanently labeled. There are options for interior, exterior, door, or wall applications. Being a laminated product, it is naturally safety rated and meets Ansi Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR 1201 Cat II requirements for impact resistance.
For more info you can request a quote for Pyrostop by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us at (800) 444-9729.
Fire Rated Insulated Glass is Approved for Impact Safety Rated Locations
FireLite-IGU's can be fire-rated and either clear safety filmed or laminated and labeled as meeting the Impact Resistance requirements of ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR 1201 (Cat I and Cat II) as required per IBC 2406 Safety Glazing in "Hazardous Locations".
Impact Resistant hazadrous locations as defined by IBC 2406 include any windows occurring in a wall within 24" of a door opening, or within 18" of the floor, borrowed lites, sidelites, transoms or any glazing occurring in a swinging or sliding door or other high risk of human impact areas.
*This product is not a barrier to radiant heat. This product does not meet the test standards of ASTM E-119 or UL 263. If your project additionally requires Flame, Smoke and a "Barrier to Radiant or Conductive Heat" product please visit our Pilkington PyroStop multi-laminated fire glass product webpage.
Fire Rated IGU Certifications, Listings & Approvals
- These clear FireLite ceramic glass fire rated products are Classified and permanently labeled as approved by Underwriters Laboratories(UL), Inc and Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (ULC).
- Ray-Bar's UL File number for various labeled fire-rated glazing products and Fire Rated Insulated Glass Unit IGU assemblies including 20minute and up to 180 minutes is UL # R38927.
- Tests performed in accordance with UL 9, UL 10B, UL 10C, CSFM 43.7, NFPA 80, NFPA 252, NFPA 257, UBC 43.4, UBC 7-2, UBC 7-4,
- CAN4 S-104 and CAN4 S-106.
- And approved for use in Los Angeles, CA: LARR 25798
- Also approved for use in New York City, NY: MEA 290-90-M-6.
Contact Ray-Bar Engineering for Fire Rated Insulated Glass Today