Pyrostop® Multi-Lami Glass
Fire resistive glazing provides protection from smoke, flames, and radiant and conductive heat transfer. They are used for applications that require a fire rating that meets 250° F temperature-rise criteria to limit the amount of heat transfer to the other side of the door or wall to the other. Fire resistive glass is also important in preventing radiant heat that could cause combustible materials to ignite and provides an essential protective barrier for stairwells and other building exit points, and for large glass walls and partitions.
Fire Resistive Protection Against Smoke, Flames and Radiant Heat Transfer
Ray-Bar Engineering offers products featuring Pilkington Pyrostop® glazing for applications requiring fire resistant glass. Our interior products are available in fire ratings ranging from 45 to 120 minutes depending on thickness and can be used in door or wall assemblies (120-minute fire rating is for wall or fireframe assemblies only). Fire resistant Pyrostop® products designed for exterior use feature fire ratings ranging from 45 to 120 minutes for door or wall assemblies.
View our PyroStop technical data sheet for full specifications for interior and exterior wall and door applications.
Fire Resistant Glass Features
- Suitable for door or wall assembly, both interior and exterior
- Available fire ratings ranging from 45 to 120 minutes
- Impact resistant, positive pressure, and thermal shock and hose stream tested
- Rated up to 2 hours with required Hose Stream Test
- Provides protection against fire, heat and smoke
- Protects against radiant heat and conductive heat transfer
Fire Resistive Glass Certifications and Classifications
Ray-bar Engineering offers fire resistant glass products that provide protection from thermal heat transfer and that can be used for interior or exterior applications. Building codes and requirements can vary based on building construction type and location, and material use (e.g., wall or door). Always verify your application’s fire rating requirements prior to placing your order.
- UL Listed/Classified
- ASTM E-119, UL 263 and NFPA 251/252 for protection against radiant heat and conductive heat transfer
- Rating meets ANS Z97.1 and CPSC 16CFR1201 (Cat I and/or Cat II) for impact resistant safety
- UL File R13377, testing to ASTM E-119, UL 263, UL 9, UL 10B, UL 10C, NFPA 80/251/252/257, and CAN4 S-104 / S-106
- Also available as Bullet Resistant up to UL 752 Level 3 (Resists Handgun threats up to .44 Mag)