Lead Lined Hollow Metal Doors
Lead lined fire rated hollow metal doors and metal sliding doors provide protection against harmful radiation, and other options to address potential fire hazards and forced entry or ballistic threats. Advanced engineering platforms allow for lead lined hollow metal doors to be combined with numerous fire ratings and bullet resistance levels to form a hollow metal door and window frame that maintain several types of protective or resistive functionalities.
At Ray-Bar Engineering we can produce lead lined hollow metal doors and lead lined window frames that provide the x-ray and radiation protection that your clients, customers and employees require. Our experienced engineers can also develop lead lined metal sliding doors that provide bullet resistance and are available with up to a 90-minute fire rating.
Contact us for more information regarding our line lined hollow metal door and metal sliding door manufacturing capabilities. You can also call us at 800-444-XRAY and we will be able to assist you with any questions you may have.
Lead Lined Hollow Metal Door FeaturesRay-Bar Lead Lined Hollow Metal Doors are manufactured from galvanized steel in 18, 16 and 14 gauge ASTM A527 formed steel, with Coating Classification ZF001. Our lead lined steel and radiation shielded doors are available non-rated, or with up to 90-minute fire ratings. They are UL listed for fire resistance and meet UL IOC and UBC 7-2-1997 positive pressure test requirements part I and II, additional features include:
- 15 standard lead shielding thicknesses
- Doors are available up to 90 minute fire ratings
- Available with lead lined vision frames and Fire Rated Insulated Glass Units (IGU's) with x-ray safety glass and required UL fire resistance labeling and meeting Impact Resistance to ANSI Z.97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR 1201 Cat II standards as required per IBC 2406.
- Primer finish is standard
- Optional plastic laminate applied to faces only
- Lead Lined door kits available for your hollow metal frames
- Lead lined hollow metal welded door frames are available only with door purchase
Lead Lined Shielded Steel or Stainless Steel Bullet Resistant and Fire Rated Hollow Metal DoorsRay-Bar can also provide ballistic rated doors as ganvanized and primered steel or stainless steel (304 with #4 finish) and with numerous certified bullet resistant options, including the following:
- UL 752 Level 3 – Superpower small arms resisting Handgun threats up to .44 Mag.
- UL 752 Level 4 – High power rifle resisting Rifle threats up to 7.62 x 51 / .308 Win
For additional specifications, see Ray-Bar Lead Lined Hollow Metal Door Specifications.
Hollow Metal Lead Lined Welded Frame OptionsOnce you’ve purchased a Ray-Bar Lead Lined Hollow Metal Door you can choose to add a welded frame that provides several different options for customized performance capabilities. Some of the features that our welded frames provide, include:
- 16 gauge primered steel with anchors for metal studs, wood studs or concrete "cast in place" or retro-fit bolt-anchor (Hilti) into existing concrete or masonry walls.
- Equal rabbet or single-step rabbet frame profiles form options to fit wall thicknesses from 5" up to 24".
- Heavier 14 gauge or 12 gauge hollow metal frame options for higher radiation lead shielding applications.
Contact Ray-Bar Engineering for Lead Lined Hollow Metal Doors Today